Digital art is getting popular, in fact, it has been widely used in animations, movies, video games, posters, advertisements, and websites. It is done using digital technology like computers and graphics tablets. One of the most popular drawing graphic tablet known these days for many artists is XP-PEN G430S.
Why? Because this graphics tablet is affordable and simple to use. To be exact, this little drawing tablet is so easy to use, just plugged it in via USB then you are ready to go. Unlike other graphics tablets, It requires no battery for pen and tablet. It simply draws power directly from the computer.
Moreover, this tablet is light and compact and compatible with all major graphics application like CorelDraw, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and more.
XP-PEN G430S Product Specifications
Minimum System Requirements: Windows Vista or OS X 10.7.0
Model Number: StarG430
Size: 8.7 x 4.8 in
Active Area: 4.0 x 3.0 in
Express Keys: No
Spare Nibs: 10
Pressure Levels: 2048
Wireless Support: No
Resolution: 5080 Ipi
Pen Reading Speed: 220 rps
Warranty: 1 year
What’s in the Box?
When you purchase XP-PEN G430S, the box will contain a tablet, pen, pen-clipper, replacement nibs, and tablet documentation.
XP-PEN G430S Pros and Cons
- SMOOTH SURFACE – Has a smooth surface finish which makes drawing easier.
- PORTABLE – This graphics tablet is light, compact, and portable that is why it is perfect for traveling.
- AFFORDABLE – This tablet is perfect for artists on a tight budget.
- STYLUS PRESSURE – This drawing tablet’s stylus has 2048 levels of pressure.
- PROGRAMMABLE BUTTON – Has no express keys but the stylus contains a programmable button.
- NO BATTERIES – Unlike other graphics tablet, XP-PEN’s tablet and stylus don’t require any battery.
- NO EXPRESS KEYS – The downside of this graphics tablet for many artists is having no express keys which prevent them from using shortcut keys.
- STYLUS RESPONSIVENESS – Another downside of this tablet is its responsiveness. Some experiences some lag during the usage.
- SMALL SIZE – This tablet is very small which some people find it hard to use.
- VERY THIN – It is very thin that’s why it is prone to damages such as cracks.
Is it worth it to buy XP-PEN G430S?
Overall, XP-PEN G430S graphic tablet is a very affordable tablet for beginners who don’t have enough budget to buy expensive graphics tablets like Wacom Intuos and more. So, if you are a beginner artist who wants to practice digital arts, you can buy XP-PEN G430S for start-up.
But if you have enough budget to buy mid-range and high-quality graphics tablet, always remember to assess it first then check its quality first. Always put in mind to buy the right graphic tablet that suits you and your budget.